Do you appreciate and like yourself?
Self-esteem is a person's overall sense of self-worth, personal value, ability, and limitations. It's how you feel about yourself. It involves a variety of beliefs about yourself, such as the appraisal of your own appearance, beliefs, emotions, and behaviors. Is your self-esteem in need of a boost?
Factors that influence self-esteem:
- Your thoughts and perceptions
- How other people react to you
- Experiences at home, school, work and in the community
- Illness, disability or injury
- Role and status in society
- Media & social media messages